Save as PDF/A in Word
This workshop explains how to use Word to save a document in PDF/A format for long-term preservation.
Save as PDF/A in Word for Microsoft 365*
- Open your document in Word for Microsoft 365.
- In the File tab, select Save As or Save a Copy.
- Select More options...
- Select the Save as type: > PDF (*.pdf).
- Select Options...
- Place a check in the box next to PDF/A compliant.
- Select OK.
- Select the folder you want your PDF to be saved in.
- Select Save.
*These instructions may vary on other versions of Word.
Task for Learning
Successfully save your document as a PDF/A file using Word.